1 week postpartum, 1 week postpartum baby weight, 1 week postpartum belly, 1 week postpartum weight loss, diet 1 week postpartum, diet for losing pregnancy weight, diet for postpartum weight loss, how to lose baby weight, how to lose pregnancy weight, pictures 1 week postpartum, postpartum weight loss, what to eat postpartum to lose the baby weight
I just wanted to share some pictures and a few details about how its going losing the baby weight and baby bump!
This was the last day I was pregnant: (40 weeks, 2 days)
This is later in the morning the same day that I had the baby ~
This is day 2 postpartum ~ (at home after a day of running back and forth to the hospital to nurse)
Day 3 postpartum ~ (at the hospital in my room in the pediatrics department!)
Day 5 postpartum ~
1 week postpartum
I have already lost 12 pounds and definitely still have a few more to go! Im going to try and lose an extra five pounds. So I have to lose 13 more pounds to get to my ideal weight! Breastfeeding burns about 500 calories a day, so since I can’t work out breastfeeding is burning calories for me. What a perk! Breast is best for baby, and it is best for helping mom return to her normal body shape. Win win situation here! lol. I can’t really start toning up for a few more weeks, but what I can do is pay close attention to my diet. No junk food, no processed food, no crap basically.
Here is what I have been eating:
- 7am Breakfast: Creamy Citrus smoothie (thanks to Kjirsten over @ Balanced Healthy Life I discovered one of my diet staples!)
- 10:30-11am Mid morning snack: Ezekial English Muffin with crunchy peanut butter
- 1-2 pm Lunch: Take out order of Blackened Salmon Salad from Caffe Primo (arugula, tomatoes, cucumber and a piece of salmon lightly seasoned with cajun seasoning and I use my own dressing from home – Garlic Expressions)
- 4 pm afternoon snack: medium sized Farm Fresh apple and a Cascadian Farms Dark Chocolate Almond Granola Bar
- 7-8pm Dinner: Kale PB2 Smoothie
This has been my typical diet since I returned home from the hospital. I honestly can’t get enough smoothies. They are so refreshing and leave me just the right amount of full (I always add vanilla protein powder) Plus they are loaded with vitamins and antioxidants so I know Hayden is getting a wide variety of nutrients!
Hopefully with just breast feeding and a healthy diet I can get my weight back to where I want it, and I am confident that I can. Toning up and making my deflated stomach look good again will have to wait, but you can bet as soon as I get the okay to start working out I am going to dive right in!
Please share your favorite smoothie recipes!
What do you think is the hardest part about losing the baby weight?
What do you typically eat when you are trying to lose weight?
Do you like drinking smoothies in place of meals?
- Birth Story Part II (sweetlyvegan.com)
- The Value of Postpartum Support (beforeandafterbaby.wordpress.com)
- [Mommyish] Caring For A Baby Is Harder When Postpartum Depression Leads To Suicidal Thoughts (mommyish.com)
- Breastfeeding mothers taking codeine aren’t harming babies: study (vancouversun.com)
- Postpartum-depression clinic helps women become happy moms (abclocal.go.com)