38 weeks pregnant, 38 weeks pregnant belly, 38 weeks pregnant blog, baby bump 38 weeks, babycenter.com, cravings at 38 weeks, Hayden, healthy diet 38 weeks pregnant, how much weight gained 38 weeks pregnant, pregnancy, pregnancy blog, smoothies 38 weeks pregnant, thebump.com, vegan pregnancy blog, weight gained at 38 weeks pregnant
How Big is Baby? Each week I write a new post… I wonder how many more of these posts I will write… Come on baby Hayden!
According to babycenter.com:
Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she’s over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you’ll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.
Wondering what color your baby’s eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she’s born with brown eyes, they’ll likely stay brown. If she’s born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she’s 9 months old. That’s because a child’s irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she’s born, but they usually won’t get “lighter” or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)
According to thebump.com:
Yow! If you feel a sort of lightening bolt running up and down your legs (and in your crotch), don’t freak out. At 38 weeks, baby’s probably sitting pretty low in your pelvis, which means he’s bumping into all kinds of nerves down there — including some pretty sensitive ones you might not know you had. Be on the lookout for signs of labor, including contractions that come on stronger, at more regular intervals, and the “bloody show.” It could happen any day now — or it might not be for a few weeks. Until then, try to relax.
- Baby is about 18.9 to 20.9 inches long and weighs about 6.2 to 9.2 pounds. Her head is now about the same circumference as her abdomen.
- She may have about an inch or so of hair already.
- She’s slowly shedding that white goo on her skin (called vernix caseosa) but you might see some of it at birth.
How I’m Feeling Physically?
About three or four times a day now when Hayden is moving she pinches a nerve which sends a shooting pain up my inner thigh. This is known as “lightning crotch.” It is quite painful, but they are quick bursts of pain, so tolerable I guess…
Sleep. At this point, I have completely forgotten what it feels like to sleep through the night. Its nearly impossible to get comfortable with my watermelon belly and then when I do finally fall asleep I wake up to pee an hour later and the cycle starts all over, and continues on throughout the rest of the night. Finally at about 6am I give up and walk like a zombie into the living room and turn on the morning news. I realize this is my body training itself for nighttime baby feedings… I can’t wait for it to turn into that instead because at least I will have a precious baby to look at instead of just tossing and turning constantly.
When I did the elliptical yesterday, I made it to about minute 37 and then I had to get off because I had some really intense cramping. I came upstairs and thought it might be time to go to the hospital because the cramps were so intense I wasn’t sure if they would turn into contractions… but after I took a warm shower I started to feel much better.
Typically this week eats have been:
- Breakfast – Cinnamon Raisin Ezekial English Muffin with Vegan Cream Cheese
- Mid-morning snack- citrus or fruit smoothie (made with protein powder and a container of nonfat greek yogurt)
- Lunch- a mix of butter lettuce and spinach greens with avocado, chopped carrots, chickpeas, artichokes and Garlic Expressions Dressing (my favorite thing ever a.t.m)
- Snack- So Delicious Coconut ice cream sandwich or a So Delicious Coconut No Sugar Added ice cream bar (100 calories)
- Dinner- Kale Smoothie with protein powder & chia seeds
- snack- apple
- I frequently snack on chickpeas randomly throughout the day if we are home… I am slightly addicted!
How I’m Feeling Emotionally?
Week 38 emotionally I have felt great. Everyone around me is very excited for Hayden to make her arrival and we are all talking about it all the time. Its crazy to think that in less than two weeks she will be here!!! I still can’t believe it…..
Chase and I put her carseat and all of our hospital bags in the car so that if we are out and about we will have everything ready to go directly to the hospital.
Our big news will finally be a yes or a no by the end of this week. For awhile we weren’t sure if the timing was right, so we thought we’d wait… but we just decided to give it a shot.. and now we are just waiting to find out from the other party if the answer is a yes. I can’t wait to say what it is!
- pregnancy length so far: 38 weeks, 5 days
- days left til due date: 10
- weight gained so far: +20.5lbs.
- craving this week: coconut whipped creme, smoothies, salad, banana soft serve, and chickpeas!
- purchased this week: supplements ~ raspberry keytones, and white kidney bean extract (I saw an episode of Doctor Oz and he said these are both great help for weight loss… which I will be needing in about 10 days! I still have to double-check and make sure they are ok while breastfeeding…)
- week 38 doctor appointment today but right after I have an appointment for my hair that is going to last probably ALL DAY… so I will have to share any news from the doc appointment tomorrow! I gave up hope for a vaginal exam so if I get one then I get one, and if not whatever!
- completed 5 cardio workouts this week ~ 45+ minutes on the elliptical followed by 30 minutes of walking on the treadmill (execpt for yesterday I only completed 37 minutes on the elliptical and then I left.) I also got in 4 Netflix Target Toning.
Baby Bump Pics
Last night when I was in the elevator going down to the gym a man said to me “Wow you are due!” 10 days…. yes my belly is gigantic.
Cross your fingers for us! We are going to find out our big news really soon!!!!
Any other advice for a new mom to be?
Labor advice or tips?