37 weeks, 37 weeks baby bump, 37 weeks pregnant, 37 weeks pregnant belly, 37 weeks weight gain, 37 weeks working out, after baby underwear, craving foods at 37 weeks, fitness during pregnancy, full term 37 weeks pregnant, gauze wipes for newborn, gym at 37 weeks, gym third trimester pregnancy, last minute purchases 37 weeks, netflix pregnancy, netflix yoga mama, newborns vitamin d drops, pregnant workouts on netflix, santa monica pump station, should a baby take supplements, the pump station, third trimester pregnancy workouts, trumpet socks for baby girl, underwear for after birth, underwear for post partum, underwear postpartum, victorias secret post partum, vita cost vitamin d, vitamin d for baby, vitamin d for breastfeeding, vitamin d supplement for infant
How Big is Baby?
According to babycenter.com:
Your baby is now considered “full term,” even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, her lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. So if you’re planning to have a repeat c-section, for example, your practitioner will schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there’s a medical reason to intervene earlier.)
Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don’t be surprised if your baby’s hair isn’t the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.
According to thebump.com:
Yay! Baby has reached full term. She likely measures around 18.9 to 20.9 inches and weighs about 6.2 to 9.2 pounds. She’s gaining about 1/2 ounce each day.
- She’s practicing some skills: inhaling, exhaling, sucking, gripping and blinking.
- She’s getting her first sticky poop (called meconium) ready for her first diaper.
- 45+ min elliptical workout
- 5 minutes of bouncing
- 20-30 minutes of walking on the treadmill at about 3.5-4.0
- 5-10 minutes of bouncing
I have also been taking the dogs for a short 15 minute walk pretty much every evening so they can get a little extra exercise. Several people told me they looked like they were gaining weight! The last thing I want is fat doggies! That means bad mama! So even though we have a dog walker taking them out in the morning, I think its good for them to get out again for the not only the exercise, but also a change of scenery and some fresh air.
- I really miss sleeping on my stomach. Can’t wait to have that option again.
- I am so over my maternity tops, I want to burn every single one of them! Luckily I can still fit in my pre pregnancy jeans with the belly band so at least I have that on my side.
- Leggings are still probably the most comfortable thing to wear … not gonna lie! But I will be overjoyed to have my normal wardrobe back.
- Pregnancy length so far: 37 weeks, 6 days
- days left: 16 more days to go… next week I will be in the single digits! woohoo!
- weight gain so far: +20.5 lbs.
- craving: Oatmeal w/ Better N PB & Strawberry Jelly, banana soft serve, PB2 Smoothies (we are out of kale), blackened salmon salad from Caffe Primo, and chocolate hazelnut gelato ~ I bought a few of the Ciao Bella mini single serving cups – they are to die for.. and they have pistachio flavor which I am going to try next I am looking for a good vegan rocky road ice cream…. anyone know of anything? I think I might just try to make my own this week… yum! I will post the recipe if I do!
- once again no vag exam at my doctor appointment yesterday… I think because I wasn’t contracting anymore this week… but stupid me I didn’t even ask why there was no exam ~ I have been dying to know if I am dilated/effaced!
- I did ask how big the baby was and he said based on my belly size he thought Hayden was currently about 5-5 1/2 lbs, and by the time she was born she would be about 6-6 1/2 lbs. We also listened to her heartbeat, nice and strong
- Based on how I haven’t really had anymore contractions during week 37, I now have no idea when Hayden will be arriving. Last week when I was contracting quite a bit, I said I thought for sure she would be here by the end of this week. At this point, it doesn’t look like that is going to happen, so she obviously needs to cook a little longer, and that is ok too.
- We have now taken all of the classes we signed up for to prepare us for the baby ~ Introduction to Breastfeeding, Labor Pain Relief, and Infant Care. The only class we didn’t take was for childbirth…. hmm…
Vitamin D drops (these you place just one drop a day on your nipple before breast feeding so that your baby can get sufficient Vitamin D, which apparently they do not get much [if any] from breast milk. This product came highly recommended from our teacher in our “Introduction to Breast Feeding” class
Children’s Hand Painted Crystal Nail Files
Infant Cradle Cap Soft Brush
BornFree Twister Bottle & Nipple Brush Set
Pump Station Soft Bottom Cloth Wipes. These we just wet with warm water [or a spray bottle] and wipe the baby’s bottom when changing.. in our Infant Care Class they said not to use regular wipes or anything with “antibacterial” or “anti-microbial” for the first 4-6 weeks.
Do you buy single serving ice cream? I find if I have a small portion already made for me I will eat less..
What foods give you heartburn?
Do you think I should take a childbirth class or will I be ok going without?