banana nice cream, banana peanut butter, banana soft serve, Frozen banana, Frozen yogurt, frozen yogurt at home, healthy froyo, healthy ice cream, homemade froyo, homemade peanut butter ice cream, homemade pinkberry, ice cream, pb2, PB2 chocolate, pb2 frozen yogurt, pb2 ice cream, pb2 recipes, PB2 uses, Peanut butter, peanut butter banana froyo, peanut butter healthy ice cream, peanut butter vegan ice cream, vegan froyo
As you know, since I have become pregnant I haven’t been eating completely vegan. Pinkberry (tart frozen yogurt) is probably my favorite (non-vegan) snack ever. Since I have let the vegan rules slide I have been consuming froyo quite a bit over the past few weeks.
Not today. Today I woke up, and thought to myself ~ I don’t have food aversions anymore. I am no longer disgusted by kale, or veggies. Why haven’t I returned to being as healthy as I know I can be?
Laziness, perhaps?! Ding Ding Ding! Well I know I can do better, and there is no better time than the present to get back to where I want to be.
This recipe is a super easy swap if you have a froyo craving and it takes about 5 minutes to make. I love quick recipes that totally hit the spot. This one takes the cake!
Froyo Style PB2 Banana Soft Serve
Peanut Butter flavored vegan soft serve “ice cream” with fun toppings tastes just like Pinkberry’s peanut butter froyo, but better. I think its better because its all natural, dairy free, has very little sugar, and only contains a tiny amount of fats (healthy).
- 1 frozen banana (preferably peeled when really ripe, broken into chunks and then frozen)
- 2 tbsp. PB2 (peanut flour from TJ’s would work great too, or just regular nut butter)
- 2 tbsp. vanilla almond milk (40 cal.)
- 2 organic strawberries, chopped (optional)
- small handful of organic raspberries (optional)
- about 1/2 tbsp. cacao nibs (optional)
*Toppings are optional, but really make this treat have that “froyo” feeling. Since my three favorite toppings are strawberries, raspberries, and chocolate chips that is what I topped mine with (subbing in raw cacao nibs for the chocolate chips) Get creative and use your favorite fruits and/or chopped nuts.
Put frozen banana chunks into food processor and add your non-dairy milk. Process for a few minutes or until smooth, stopping every once in awhile to stir and make sure there are no chunks. Once almost all smooth, add your PB2. Process til blended through. Pour into a small bowl. Place bowl in freezer for a minute or two while you chop up your fruit. Take out, and place chopped fruit/toppings on top of your soft serve. Serve immediately.
If you like froyo, what is your favorite brand?
What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
- Banana Soft Serve Ice Cream (sweetlyvegan.com)
- My Latest Obsession: The Soft Serve Fruit Co!!!!! (mmmguide.com)
- Taste Test: Ben & Jerry’s Reboots Frozen Yogurt (esquire.com)
- One Month Challenge: No Meat, No Dairy, No Problem, Week Five (collegecandy.com)
- Two ingredient banana caramel swirl ice cream (snixykitchen.wordpress.com)
- Best Chiquita Banana Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt Recipe (chiquitabananas.com)
- Greek FroYo? OPA! (dishranawaywiththespoon.com)