28 weeks pregnant, baby bump pics 28 weeks, beginning of third trimester weight gain, california medical hospital, cedar sanai, cravings 28 weeks, preemie baby 28 weeks, pregnancy blog, pregnancy classes, pregnancy weight gain 28 weeks, sweetly vegan 28 weeks, symptoms at 28 weeks pregnant, the pump station, third trimester, third trimester photos, weight gain 28 weeks pregnant, weight gained 28 weeks
How Big is Baby?
How Baby is Growing?
According to babycenter.com:
By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She’s also developing billions of neurons in her brain in preparation for life in the outside world.
According to babble.com:
Baby will be getting some color this week — eye color, that is. Pigment will fill in your baby’s irises, but it might take six months after he/she is born for the eyes to settle in to their true color. Eyelashes, eyebrows and hair are continuing to grow, and brain tissue is rapidly increasing. You’ll also be happy to know that your baby is plumping up as more much-needed body fat develops (one step closer to those adorable baby thigh rolls and Buddha belly), even though he/she still only weighs 2 ½ pounds.
Above is a picture of a baby who was born at 28 weeks. Still so small, but babies born at 28 weeks have greater than a 95% survival rate with lots of help from the NICU.
How I’m Feeling Physically?
Third Trimester has definitely already settled into my body. I have been completely exhausted this week. After I eat a big meal I feel like I can’t breathe. My baby has taken over all the room in my midsection and pushed my organs up into what feels like my throat (this feeling is much more uncomfortable in the evening after a full day of consuming water and food but I still feel it in the morning as well) Small meals are probably my best bet right now to ease this discomfort. And I am always hungry! I need a snack every few hours and its got to have protein in it or I won’t feel satisfied.
I lose my breath easier, and really hope I don’t breathe loudly around strangers – like after the dogs take me for a walk! :O
Bending down is not as easy anymore- I often find drying off my feet after a shower is a sitting down activity. Also shaving, ha. That’s all I can say about that. I never thought it would be so difficult to do something so simple. I somehow still manage to get the job done, but considering the fact that my belly has 83 more days of growing, I think a Brazilian is a much better option. ‘Nuff said.
Gym workouts have become a little bit harder, as I feel my body slowing down, but I have kept up on them. I know if I don’t workout I will have swollen fingers and toes the following day (like clockwork) and I won’t sleep as well that night. When I take a day off to rest, I actually miss having the extra activity. My body seems to crave the stimulation.
How I’m Feeling Emotionally?
Emotionally I am feeling ready! I am rather impatient for April to get here so I can finally meet the little girl who has been so close to me for the past 7 months. I am so excited for the day I can hold her tiny little hand in mine. I am excited to see what she looks like, hear her little baby cry, touch her soft baby skin, smell her precious baby smell, and love her with all my heart. It is all just so exciting and I can’t wait for her to arrive!
We are signed up forth the following classes to prepare us for her arrival:
- Maternity Tour at California Medical Hospital – February 28.
- Intro to Breastfeeding @ The Pump Station – March 28.
- Labor Pain Relief @ Cedar Sanai Medical Center – March 29
- Prenatal Infant Care Class @ Cedar Sanai Medical Center – April 9
**Due Date April 28, 2012!!!!**
Hopefully with the help of all these classes, Chase and I will be ultra prepared for Hayden and our new roles as parents. OMG! :)
Favorite Eats of This Week
- 1/2 c. egg whites sprinkled with cinnamon, drizzled with a little agave and served with half an Ezekial English Muffin topped with Raw Chunky Almond Butter.
- Grilled Egg Whites Sandwiches (2 pieces of Ezekial Sprouted Grain Bread topped with 1/4 avocado, spicy dijon, a few thin roma tomato slices, 1/3 c. egg whites, butter lettuce, s+p, and lightly grilled on my George Foreman thats brushed with EVOO).
- Homemade Cacao Silken-Tofu Pudding
- Strawberry/mango/banana smoothies (recipe to COME omg yum!!!)
- Honeycrisp Apples with Better N’ PB
- Vanilla Nonfat Greek Yogurt (Oikos or Chobani)
- Special K with Strawberries and Unsweetened Almond Breeze (40 cal.) I had a huge craving for this a few days ago and now I can’t get enough! It is sooo good!
- pregnancy length so far: 28 weeks, 2 days
- weight gained so far: 15 lbs.
- workouts completed: I took Monday off because I had round ligament pain the night before, but I went Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday (today). Each day I did 45+ minutes on the elliptical.
- I don’t know if I am just lazy or what, but squats and lunges have become much harder and I just don’t have the desire to do them anymore when I do the cardio first. So now when I do the Netflix Target Toning I have to either do it first thing, or I just do the arms part of the workout. I did the legs, arms, & butt sections twice, and just the arms an extra two times this week.
- Dogs were taken in for their annual physical exams, shots, fecal testing, bloodwork, and pedicures (all tests came back negative). Vet said their teeth looked perfect and they were a “picture perfect example of how a frenchie’s teeth should look when properly taken care of!” Since I brush them myself, I felt pretty good about that! ;)
- 28 days until I fly to Wisconsin to hang out with Chase’s family. His Mom and sister are throwing us a baby shower with his side of the family. 100+ people are invited! :)
- 36 days until we fly my sister out to meet us for Chase’s industry event, held in San Diego, where we are staying at our favorite, The Hard Rock Hotel. Wonder if I will be so bold to bare my 33 week pregnant belly at the pool there? HAHAHA. yea, right. That is not happening, but I still want to lounge by the pool somehow. I am not sure how that will be accomplished, but I have a few weeks to figure it out.
- 83 days left til EDD!
- 5 days until our next Doctor appointment, where I will have the Rh shot (my blood type is RH negative and our babies could be Rh positive, so this shot prevents any complications between our blood types)
Baby Bump Pictures