banana bread muffins, banana muffins, gluten free banana bread, gluten free banana bread muffins, gluten free banana nut muffins, healthy banana bread muffins, healthy banana bread recipe, healthy banana muffins, sugar free banana bread muffins, sugar free banana bread. low carb banana bread muffins, vegan banana bread muffins
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, No Sugar, No Butter! And they taste amazing!
I always buy way more bananas than necessary for two people to eat in a week’s time frame. I do this because most of them get peeled and frozen so we have smoothie ingredients. Chase and I eat a banana here and there, but I prefer to eat bananas plain when they still have a slight hint of green to them or just a day or two after that. Once there more than just a few tiny freckles, I wouldn’t dare eat one plain. Freckled bananas are perfectly sweet and ripe enough to get peeled, broken down into chunks and stored in freezer bags. We have a good system going! However, if I don’t need anymore frozen bananas I will make banana bread. As we all know thats what overripe bananas are perfect for!
To set the mood for a little holiday baking, I poured Chase a glass of wine, lit a few candles, and set my Pandora station to Michael Buble Holiday. Perfect!
Number of servings (yield): 12
- 3 c. blanched almond flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder (aluminum-free)
- 3 eggs (pastured, organic) for Vegan option see below (V)
- 2-3 very ripe bananas, mashed (I used 3 large, however I would suggest using 2 large or 3 very small, because using 3 large left my first batch VERY dough-y)
- 1/2 c. Xylitol (or honey or agave, etc.*) ((I used 1/4c. brown rice syrup, and 1/4 c. organic maple syrup))
- 1/4 c. coconut oil (or melted butter)
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1/2 c. crumbled pecans (I used Trader Joe’s candied pecans)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease a 12 cup muffin tin (I used Spectrum coconut non-stick cooking spray)
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Mix wet ingredients in a medium bowl (in order listed)
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture
- Spoon batter into muffin tin
- Sprinkle muffin cup with your crumbled pecans
- Bake muffins for about 20-25 minutes (I had to bake for apx. 30 minutes because I used too many bananas)
- Let cool in pan for 5-10 minutes
- Remove from pan and cool on wire rack
**For vegan muffins simply replace the eggs with a Chia Seed Gel
* You can use any natural sweetener but be aware of it’s Glycemic Index if you are trying to make it low-carbohydrate or are intending to keep it low-glycemic especially for those dealing with diabetes, hypoglycemia, insulin-resistantance, metabolic syndrome, candida or are wanting to lose fat/weight.