antioxidants, Chlorophyll, Detoxification, Food, green drinks, green foods, green health, Health, health benefits, Jamba Juice, Juice, nutrients in wheatgrass, Nutrition, olivello, Shopping, True Food Kitchen, Wheatgrass, wheatgrass benefits, where to buy wheatgrass shots, why drink wheatgrass
I have had wheatgrass on my mind recently. Maybe because I’ve overheard several people discussing how they juice their own at home, take shots of it at juice shops, and how its just part of their routine. I had to ask myself ~ how the hell I am such a health foodie and I have never even tried wheatgrass?! Think it’s time to get the ball rolling here! According to this source, most people who drink this green magic drink it because of these benefits:
- A physical and mental sense of well-being
- More energy and better sleep
- Stronger immune system
- Detoxification on a cellular level
- Reduced inflammation in the entire body
- Lessened appetite cravings
- Increased mental clarity
- Steadier nerves
- Improved eyesight and night vision
- You suddenly start accomplishing more every day
- Actively engaging in and enjoying activities you had been dreading in the past
- Visually seeing results via live blood cell analysis such as the unclumping of oxygen-carrying red blood cells
- 1 fl. oz. of wheatgrass juice is equivalent to 2½ pounds of the choicest vegetables
- wheatgrass is mineral rich and contains 92 minerals needed by the body
- it is a complete protein containing 20+ amino acids and has higher protein densities than any other food source
- the magic is in the enzymes with more than 30 found in the juice
- the juice is 70% chlorophyll and since the chlorophyll molecule is virtually identical to hemoglobin (red blood cells that carry oxygen), wheatgrass juice will oxygenate your body
I got a single shot with a orange slice “chaser.” When my shot was ready and they called my name, I picked it up and took a deep breath. I know if I can put kale, and sprouts in my smoothies this was cake! I downed the wheatgrass shot and promptly stuffed the orange slice in my mouth, washing the grassy taste down. Honestly, it wasn’t terribly unpleasant but it wasn’t tasty. :0 The good news was that it went down so fast I barely even had time to taste it. None the less, it’s a taste I will learn to embrace as I plan on treating myself to a wheatgrass shot more often, if not every day.
I guess I should point out, I had much less appetite and no cravings for the rest of the day. Also digestion and elimination went off without a hitch. Wheatgrass = Success!
Olivello Juice is an extract from sea buckthorn berries and is full of powerful natural antioxidants and other protective phytonutrients. I had never heard of it until I asked my waitress @ True Food Kitchen for a shot of wheatgrass. Apparently TFK doesn’t carry wheatgrass but they had “something better” and that was Olivello. I will continue drinking wheatgrass regardless of those claims, however I am curious about Olivello now. I can’t wait to see what this newbie is all about! (I would have drank some that evening, but unfortunately I had no more room in my belly) I will keep you posted!
What do you think of wheatgrass? Do you feel the digestive benefits? Have you tried Olivello?